December 29, 2015

Slice of Life | No One Like You


When Annie was playing the piano today, I heard the song, No One Like You. As she played, I remembered. When Annie, Eliza and Ethan were little, I sang it to them often. As you read the words, you will see why it is a beautiful song to sing to your children.

I like your eyes
I like your nose
I like your mouth
Your ears, your hands, your toes

I like your face
It's really you
I like the things you say and do

There's not one single soul
Who sees the skies
The way you see them
Through your eyes
And aren't you glad
You must be glad
There's no one, no one
Exactly like you


......................................................................................................................

I learned it from the Reader's Digest Children's Songbook. It was written
by Andra Willis Muhoberac. In 1983, it was sung by John Denver
with the Muppets in the Rocky Mountain Holiday Special.


https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.