March 19, 2015

Slice of Life Challenge 14 | neighbors


When I was backing out on our road this morning, I got stuck in the snow.

Jim came out to help me and a neighbor, driving by in his truck, pulled over to lend a hand.

When I arrived home with Ethan tonight, the end of the driveway was full of snow.

I pulled to the side of the road to park and walk in.

But seconds later, a neighbor rolled along in his tractor and blew the snow out.

As I pulled in the driveway, Ethan said, "Are you crying?"

"Yes, we have wonderful neighbors."

One I knew. One I didn't.

Both blessed my heart with their kindness today.


https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/sol15-day19/


8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet tale of everyday kindness. How lucky you are to have such great neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good neighbors are a blessing, even those we don't know. I think I would have had a few tears too. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing nicer than good neighbors. Happy you had some today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter recently bought a house in a neighborhood she loves. This winter neighbors she didn't know helped her with the arduous task of snow removal and digging out her car. She told me how blessed she felt to have such wonderful neighbors. I'm sure you feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good neighbors are such a blessing - the ones we know, and the ones we come to know in moments of need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When there is a need, it is so great that someone steps up and lends a hand. That's the neighborly thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lord's Angel Army is always around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.