I am still dilly dallying, but I'm getting closer to writing on here more often.
Maybe I will finally join the "Slice of Life" where writing teachers share their words online and take time to respond to each other.
It's something we want for our students...to be writing, sharing, and encouraging.
I was encouraged by Michelle, my teaching friend from afar, to start a blog and to join this wonderful community.
I write in a journal, but I don't know if I have writing worthy of a blog.
Then I remember something I saved from Ruth Ayres...
"Writing matters because:
- We realize it's not as easy as it seems.
- We are changed when we collect our thoughts and share them with others.
- We realize how quickly a community is established when people share their writing with one another.
- We gain insight in how to talk like a writer.
- We understand the vulnerability that comes with putting words on the page."
I think it's time to start writing more.