September 9, 2021

Sharing Our Stories | tree planting

At the end of the tree planting season, Eliza made a video. 

There were

   bruises

   blisters

   bug bites

   8pm bedtimes

   4am mornings

   bandaged feet

   Christmas toe

   hot days

   eating on the move 

   wet boots

But there were

   beautiful sunrises

   great views of their province

   fresh air

   lots of critters

   wonderful people

   goals surpassed

   opportunities

   thousands and thousands of trees planted

Annie and Eliza came home after long, hard days with a smile. 

Every day.


6 comments:

  1. It was humbling to watch the video and read your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way I feel big after reading/watching just a small slice of your life.
    xo, ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an experience! I watched your video with my son, and it inspired my son to make his own now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.