January 3, 2019

akr inspired | 105


Over the holidays, I noticed an interview with Garth Brooks on a late night talk show. He started to share how his career began so I didn't change the channel. (I'm not a fan of country music!) Playing sports helped him go to university. When he walked at graduation, his paper showed that he was one hour short of enough credits. He no longer had a scholarship to rely on for another course. To make money, he started playing his guitar in a bar one night a week. Then he started playing two nights and then three until finally he was playing every night. He said, "I realized I could do this to provide for myself and someone I love, and it not feel like work." It wasn't how he became a country music star that stood out to me. It was how his path took a turn and something better was found.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.