March 21, 2016

day 21 | slice of life challenge


Maria from Three Brown-Eyed Girls asked this question:

What would you do if you didn't have the job you have now?

My mind went back to how I felt after staying in the Princess Margaret Cancer Center Lodge with Jim. We had to travel to Toronto for his radiation and the lodge was a blessing to us. I often think of the people we met and wonder how they are. If I wasn't a teacher, I would want to be a coordinator for a lodge and help out-of-town patients feel cared for while going through cancer treatments.

......................................................................................................................


Last fall, Jim was diagnosed with ocular melanoma.
I wrote a Slice of Life often (and it helped my heart),
but I rarely added a link on Tuesdays at Two Writing Teachers.
If you want to know a little more about our story,
here are a few of the slices that include the lodge.






https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges/


6 comments:

  1. It takes a very caring person to be able to give comfort to those who come to the lodge. That is not an easy job, nor one for anyone who just needs a job. That position, is a lot like teaching. It takes a person who truly cares to fill the requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect fit for a caring person like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uncle-in-law stayed there when he was receiving cancer treatments. He was widowed at that time, so his brother (my FIL) was able to stay with him. It really was a blessing for them to be able to be so close to the hospital without having to worry about parking or any other city hassles! I think running it would be a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Elsie said - because she is so right, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post tells me the depths of compassion that you possess. I'm loving learning more and more about you through our 31 day journey together. I hope this friendship never ends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way to think about giving back! Maybe "when you grow up" you could do that in the future! You never know ... always giving of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.