October 27, 2015

Slice of Life | Arriving


We arrived in Toronto tonight.

It has been a while since I have been in a big city. As we drove along the streets from the Billy Bishop Airport to the Lodge, I was a true country girl with thoughts like, "Oh! Folks do walk on the streets at night. And they even walk alone!" It was only 7:00.

As the taxi pulled up in front of the lodge, I knew I was in another world.

I read the words on the sign. 

Princes Margaret Cancer Centre Lodge

We rang the the doorbell.

We read the signs along the hallway.

We spoke to the security guard.

We met the coordinator.

We signed the papers to stay here and for me to be Jim's caretaker.

We moved into our room

We went to the lunch room.

We are really here. 

Jim has cancer.

But we are here together.

And He is here.

Thank You, God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.