July 21, 2015

Slice of Life | Munro Hall



Looking back at my Eastern Nazarene College dorm room in 1991-1992, I remember -

Sarah helping me move in on 4th Munro

my mom made the afghan and pillow for me

Natalie giving me the little box she painted

the basket full of cards and letters from home

Howie's family giving me a computer to use

the Nike sneakers and mom telling me to not run alone 

going to the gym often to play pick-up basketball

being thankful that I could stay in the dorm as a grad student from Canada

playing Tetris for study breaks

a big grey squirrel coming in the window and making a mess

rocks hitting the window to see if I wanted to go play basketball or go into Boston

receiving art work every week from my nephew

Sarah laughing when I moved a nail just a bit to make my Canada flag look better

the bear on the dresser and years later it became Annie's favorite bear

Mom's friend, Lorna being nearby and how she cared for me

the interview for Camp Taconic which led to a lifetime with Jim


https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.