July 13, 2021

family music 101 | This Little Town

 


A Little Christmas in July

Along with the teen choir, Dad had a children's choir. (But we didn't go on the road like them! They were quite the choir!) I found this recording on a family cassette tape. I am singing the lead and Karrilee is the piano player for the musical. (I seem to miss the words in one spot and she keeps me going!) I think I'm 11 so Karrilee would be 19. (She's a lot older! Wink! She reads this blog!)

The musical, "Listen to the Voices", was published in 1979. Without the book in my hand, I can't remember all the songs now. There was a pretty song that Petula, Lisa, Karen, and I sang and my favorite song was "I See a Star" that Petula sang. (I can still see her cute little face looking down as she played with the cuffs of her sleeves.) It was a lot of practicing and Dad would have all the words written on bristol board for us.

We have sweet memories of our choir days with Dad.