March 28, 2017

Slice of Life Challenge | Day 28



Kristine Mraz and Christine Hertz wrote A Mindset for Learning: Teaching the Traits of Joyful, Independent Growth and it is one of the most important books I've read as a teacher. If you were to visit my classroom, my students could share stories with you about optimism, empathy, persistence, resiliency and flexibility. When mistakes happen and problems arise, they are learning how to pause and find solutions. It's heartwarming to hear them using and living the words...

I fell down and I got back up!

Oh, I know how you feel. 

I have empathy for you.

You are being flexible. You tried something else!

I didn't give up! 

Wow! Piggie is being optimistic!

I had empathy and I said, "I'm sorry."



https://twowritingteachers.org/2016/07/05/its-tuesday-write-share-give/


2 comments:

  1. I put up a similar board but did not use student work - I like that better!
    https://tammysreadinglife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this would also make a good exercise for adults in Community Partnership training sessions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.