I strongly suspect that if we saw all the difference even the tiniest of our prayers to God make, and all the people those little prayers were destined to affect, and all the consequences of those effects down through the centuries, we would be so paralyzed with awe at the power of prayer that we would be unable to get up off our knees for the rest of our lives. - Peter Kreeft
December 7, 2017
December 3, 2017
When we lost Rozz, I read this beautiful story about a family and their dog with my class. It shares how they adopted Jack and how he grew slower over the years. We had empathy for the family when he passed away. It was difficult to read, but it helped explain how I was feeling. I found this book at Frenchys, a second-hand store, a long time ago. It was the perfect book for this moment.
December 2, 2017
December 1, 2017
November 30, 2017
November 29, 2017
Mundane Highs and Lows
Realizing it's Tuesday and "This is Us" will be on at 10:00
Falling asleep five minutes in
Driving home on Wednesday and realizing the most recent episode of "This is Us" is still waiting on PVR
November 28, 2017
I like Christmas TV movies. My family rolls their eyes at me.
I've been sick and have enjoyed watching many in a row lately.
But as a Canadian, I am wondering three things.
1. If there is snow all around them, why are their winter coats not zipped up?
2. Or how do they not even have a winter coat on?
3. And if they just had a snow storm, how is there hardly any snow on the front doorstep the next morning?
November 27, 2017
Maybe I write here for three reasons.
1. to save memories
2. to save memories for my kids to read someday
3. to write because teachers of writing should write and connect too
4. to remember to be grateful
5. to remember HE is in the big and the small