January 25, 2014

Celebrate | This & That




The spider...

While reading to my class, I heard, "There's a spider!" 

"Where?" I replied.

"It's on the pillow!" R said.

We soon found the spider crawling across the floor. Before I had a chance to suggest we watch him, he dodged a couple pillows but he wasn't quick enough for R's foot. Oops!

I put down our book, and we wrote about our exciting moment!


The question...

Before lunch, I told the students, "I'm so hungry, I can't see straight!" Later I was eating lunch at my desk when the kids were coming in from outside. G walked in and said, "Can you see straight?" It took me a second and then it hit me! We had a good giggle!


The note...

It was a wacky day. While I love for my class to talk, they seemed to be talking all the time. At the end of the day, I wrote the following note on the board:

I love you even when you dr_ _ _ me cr _ _ _!

They filled in the blanks and we laughed as we headed home!

......................................................................................................................

Finding joy in the little and big moments of life!


16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you back Loralee! I love how you use teachable moments in your day. I feel like I've gotten away from that and you've inspired me again! (I am addicted to your blog of quotes! Every time I see you on my Feedly, I smile! Just want you to know you have readers!) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Michelle, thank you for your comment! So encouraging! Thank you with all my heart.

      Delete
  2. It is so great how you acknowledged that our students remember all the little things we say! I also love the format of your post. I think I might just borrow your form next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. Honored that you would want to borrow from me! Smiling.

      Delete
  3. I love how you captured the moments to celebrate in your classroom…. so fun! I love how you structured this celebrate --a mentor text for a future post for sure. I loved laughing with you this morning!
    Clare and Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for laughing with me this morning! They were wonderful moments.

      Thank you for the encouraging message!

      Delete
  4. At our school we hear the words "bell to bell instruction." This is still bell to bell but with a little fun added in. It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh Anne! ...I like the wording...bell to bell instruction!

      Delete
  5. I love the celebration of small moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for enjoying them with me, Holly!

      Delete
  6. I loved the question - kids have a way of remembering the oddest things! I hear the sounds of much laughter in your classroom, Loralee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His face was priceless too! Big grin!

      ...Thanks, Tara. We do laugh a lot in our classroom! One of my favorite quotes...

      Laughter in class has the rare ability to soften hardened hearts, open shuttered minds, and endear students to one another. - Mike Linsin

      Delete
  7. These are all such fun moments. You do such a great job of celebrating the small wacky moments in a classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. There are MANY wacky moments! :0)

      Delete
  8. These little stories capture the comfortable rapport you have with your students. THAT is cause for celebration! After admiring your Pinterest pins, I am glad to have finally found my way your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Christy, thank you! You have encouraged me beyond words.

      Delete

Thank you for being here.