August 6, 2024

Counting Blessings

Words written by Amy Krouse Rosenthal continue to be a blessing to me.

A few years ago, I was asked about my Amy Krouse Rosenthal posts and what the history was behind them. I am sharing the post again in case it is helpful.

When I read the news in March 2017, people were grieving and writing beautiful words about Amy Krouse Rosenthal. I then read the letter she wrote about her husband. It touched my heart. (Later, my cousin sent the actual newspaper to me. I'm grateful to have it in my keepsakes.) 

I read more and more about her online and she sounded so wonderful. I didn't think I knew who she was, but then I realized she was the author of "Little Pea" which I read to my students. 

I ordered her book, "Textbook", and I connected with the way she wrote. I found myself thinking about my own life. I felt inspired. She helped me see so many things to write about and how I could use school subjects to organize stories, thoughts and experiences.

I also found her accounts on Instagram and Twitter. Her photos and words inspired me there as well. Project 1,2,3 is one of my favorites!

I soon had her book, "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life", in my hands and I was drawn to the way she used words found in an encyclopedia to write about her life. As a person who likes to write short and simpleher books reminded me that that's okay!

Amy seemed so loving, kind, fun, creative, and genuine. I love how she spoke of her family and how she brought people together to do good things for others.

When I started the journey, I chose akr inspired as my heading and began counting them. Since August 1, 2017I have written over 400 600 akr inspired posts. 

Amy's words in books (and pictures and videos and posts and tweets) have been a blessing in my life. They've helped me be a story saver and a memory saver.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.