March 12, 2022

Counting Blessings

With Jim testing positive, we have spent March Break in isolation.

But I can still count my blessings -

I like being home all the time, but sometimes I get the March Break blues for just a second and think that everyone is travelling but us. Phew! Good thing we aren't travelers!

Along with a beef dinner for Jim and Ethan, Mom and Dad brought cold medicine and groceries to us. We had not been to the store before testing positive.

Jim's symptoms are mild. He isn't rattled at all by the sore throat and cough. We know that this isn't everyone's story. 

I'm thankful for vaccinations.

Our neighbor, Joanne, checked in on us. She picked up a couple things from Costco, and surprised us with Halo donuts!

Glenda called us from Ottawa. We text regularly, but I loved hearing her voice!

I finished looking at the slides. Now I'm ready to watch them on the projector with Dad and take notes of the who's, where's, and when's!

My friend, Lisa, shared a testing kit (hard to get now) and surprised us with favorite take-outs and many treats on our porch!

I started a book from my reading pile. I'm really enjoying Shea Tuttle's book, "Exactly As You Are: The Life and Faith of Mister Rogers". For the life of me, I can't remember where I picked it up. It must have been Frenchy's or a yard sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.