September 15, 2017

akr inspired | 35


Paris, daughter of Amy Krouse Rosenthal, shared an Instragram of a door frame at their home. To see it, click below. She wrote the following comment:
This has been written on the inside of a doorframe in my home since 2013, but I truly just noticed it for the first time the other day. After investigating its origin, I discovered that this is a ritual my mom had with my brother. It's not a marker of height, but of vocab "height." It represents the best or most sophisticated word you can think of at your current height. ~Project789~
What a wonderful way to encourage new words!

And what a sweet connection with her son.

Over the summer, I started following Merriam-Webster on Twitter to help learn new words and their meanings. There are so many fabulous words out there that I don't use!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.