August 10, 2017

akr inspired | 10


Someone may say it was serendipity when our children were born.

1998

While getting ready for my last day of work as a youth director, my water broke and we went to the hospital. It was May 10th and it was Mother's Day. We held Annie after midnight on May 11th! (She was earlier than her due date!)

2000

When I was expecting Eliza, her due date was May 10th. My contractions started on that very day and that is when she was born!  (She was 10 pounds and 2 ounces, and she was the easiest delivery!)

2002

With Ethan, my doctor said, "It's time to have that baby! I'm going to have you go into the hospital on May 9th and get things started!" I laughed. With delivering so many babies, there is no way he remembered the birth dates of my other two. We could have ended up with May 9th, May 10th and May 11th...but Ethan took too long so we have two birthdays on the 10th!

Side note: With three birthdays together, it made it easy for Grandma D to come from Michigan for everyone's birthday party!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.