August 27, 2016

Celebrate | Even Washers & Cars


http://www.ruthayreswrites.com/p/celebrate-this-week.html

Our washer broke down in June and I really thought today was the day for us to wash our clothes at home again. Long story short, it wasn't the day. It can't be fixed. In the last three months, our two old cars couldn't be fixed either.

Oh, how I know our problems are first-world problems. But I needed a moment to just be sad after the test run with clothes in the washer failed. The clanging and burning smell returned. With school and fall schedules around the corner, it is a little discouraging to think about the time needed to get laundry done elsewhere and to wait for rides here-and-there with one car. It all equals more time away from home to me.

Later on, I found myself watching a short video clip of my Dad with Annie. He is showing her some tips on the piano and he is singing the lines of Sweet Hour of Prayer. I listened again to the words of this treasured hymn.

Sweet hour of prayer
That calls me from a world of care
And bids me at my Father's throne
Make all my wants and wishes known

God calls us from our world of care and asks us to talk to Him...

...even about washers and cars.




.................................................................................................................

Finding joy in the little and big moments of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.