June 30, 2015

Slice of Life | Moments on the Farm


Mid 80s

I had not seen this photo until recently. As I look at family sitting around Grampie and Grammie's living room, I have to laugh as I look at Aunt Carole's expression and the way she is holding the pillow. I am sure she is saying to someone, "Put that camera away!" Oh how I would love to hear her voice again or walk into that room as a young girl and see Grampie and Grammie.


https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/tuesday-slice-of-life-story-challenge-6/


12 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun family gathering. Love memories like this. Reminds me of pictures of my grandparents at family parties. Such good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Good times when family is together!
      Thank you for being here, Betsy.

      Delete
  2. We had one person who was constantly getting the movie camera out & a few people always fled. Your picture and words reminded me of that, Loralee. Fun to remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile, Linda!

      Delete
  3. Yep, there's ALWAYS someone in the group who's saying 'put that camera away!!'

    But often, they're the first one who wants to see the pictures! Isn't that the way it rolls?

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures. Memories. They warm the heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture. I often wish I could go back into the moment of an image as well. Like you, one of the first photos I'd pick would be one with my grandparents. I'd love to hang out in the living room with them again.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! I remember one of our first "conversations" being about our grandparents. So special.

      Delete
  6. Photos take us back to a time and place when our memories are fuzzy. What a treasure to have photos from the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Elsie! I love old photos.

      Delete

Thank you for being here.