February 10, 2015

Slice of Life | Old Library Book



While we were in our school library, I noticed this book...

and I picked it up.

The plastic cover felt so good in my hands.

I loved the sound it made when I opened it.

I could smell the old pages.

It took me right back to the days when mom would take me to the city library (or to meet the bookmobile) and I would bring home a stack of books.

Later in the day, I read the book to my class. What a sweet story!

Grandpa by Barbara Borack
Published in 1967
"In this affectionate story a little girl tells about her wonderful grandfather and all the good things they do together and share. The warmth of their special relationship shines through the text and in Ben Shecter's emphatic drawings."


4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the old book ... many kids may pass it by, but I'm with you! I recently found a stack of old books that I had never read before that another teacher was discarding. I snatched them up! The illustrations are quite amazing - different style, but the story is just as good as today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing about the illustrations in an older book I picked up from a discarded pile.
      It sounds like you picked up treasures!

      Delete
  2. I've never seen that one before. I shall look for it the next time I'm at the library. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sweet book about a little girl and her grandfather. I hope you find it!
      Thank you for being here.

      Delete

Thank you for being here.