June 14, 2014

Celebrate | This & That




The dress

Eliza needed a dress for her grade 8 dinner and dance. We needed to find something that wasn't expensive and even harder, something she liked! My Yadas were praying about it with me. A borrowed dress didn't work out and we were running out of time. I went shopping with Eliza, but we didn't find anything at Winners, Marshalls or Frenchys. Eliza mentioned Kijiji on the way home. We tried it and one dress stood out to her. When I emailed the seller, we were shocked by the reply. We knew her! The dress belonged to a teammate and friend of Annie's! Her mom said we could borrow it and they would sell it later. Thank You, God!

The reader

As I was walking up the stairs at school, I looked out and saw a  grade 7 student coming down the long sidewalk. With a book in front of her face, she was trying to walk and read at the same time!

The lines from my grade 2 class

I asked L to sit on his bottom because he was in our way and we couldn't see the leader up front. I said, "L, you need to be on your bottom. We're paying more attention to you than the leader." Nearby H commented with a grin, "L is always getting the attention. The girls all have a crush on him!"

When we were heading out from the gathering area, K who had been sitting with her legs crossed in a dress said, "Wow! I was sitting so long that when I moved my legs it was like having a tattoo ripped off!"

The birds

I love waking up before the birds. What a joy to hear them start singing!

The helpers

People helped each other during a horrifying time in our city and they continue to help each other.

The Helper



.................................................................................................................

Finding joy in the little and big moments of life!


20 comments:

  1. What a blessing that the dress worked out so nicely. I also love it when I see a student who cannot put a book down. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds have been bringing a smile to my face also. So neat that the dress worked out for you. I used to be that students walking and reading. I would even do it walking home from school. I always stopped reading for street crossings, but otherwise, read on the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling.
      I'm glad you stopped for the street crossings! :0)

      Delete
  3. Love the reader trying to walk and read at the same time and love that you noticed!! The best part of the dress is the story she will always have to remember!
    Clare and Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped my class and waited at the door to tell her how much I loved seeing her reading and walking! (She was in my Grade 6 ELA class last year.) My class got a kick out of me stopping and waiting for her!

      You are so right Thank you for pointing that out! It is a wonderful story for her to remember!

      Delete
  4. I am glad that the dress situation worked out so well. I hope that the dinner and dance were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small moments create celebrations which make it a joy to wake up every day. Still praying for the families affected by the shooting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!
      ...And it warms my heart to know that you are still praying.

      Delete
  6. Isn't it lovely when things like that fall into place? We had a situation like that today. I always marvel how things like that work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very lovely! Glad to hear you had one of those moments today!

      Delete
  7. Your waiting at the doorto comment to the student made the moment extra special. I stopped by a colleague's room this week to compliment her class, and specifically one student, who made an extra effort to clean up a work space they had been using in the student center. Love how you reminded us of the helpers and the Helper with that wonderful scripture from Psalms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ramona.

      It must have been wonderful for them to hear your encouraging words!

      Delete
  8. The reader reminds me of a few readers of my own - it's hard to argue with someone so immersed in a good book! Love the lines from your class - kids really do say the funniest things! Finally, what a great success with the dress. That is not a site I know, but I feel like I need to check it out. Hope your next week has celebrations as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being here, Karen.

      Oh! Kijiji may only be Canadian. I think it would be similar to Craig's List.

      Delete
  9. I love the "happy ending" dress story. Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each of these made me smile - many blessings in your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.