On July 30, 2011, thousands gathered in Moncton for the final show of U2's 360 Tour! While I am not much of a concert girl, I wanted to go with Jim who is a U2 fan. It was an outstanding concert and there are many things, little and big, I still remember.
- We had brunch with our family concert-goers at Aunt Carole's house. Mom dressed up and crashed the party! What a hoot!
- My cousins, Dan and Glenda, went earlier in the day and stood in the rain. When the gates were opened, they ran across the field to get a spot close to the platform. They are the bikers and runners of our family!
- Aunt Carole dropped us off with Melodie and Karrilee. It was interesting to walk along the road and see the many people making their way to the concert site.
- It rained before the concert so the fields were wet. As we left, there was mud everywhere. (I'm pretty sure the girls who wore flip flops and skirts had second thoughts about their choices!) I was thankful that Jim and I found a spot in the inside area where there was gravel. We didn't even notice the mud!
- It warmed my heart whenever Bono spoke of God.
- It was so calm and quiet as thousands left the concert site.
- With so many people, we planned to meet my sister and cousin at a certain spot on the road for the walk back. There were 95 000 people and it amazed me that as we went back through the gates, they ended up right behind us.
It was a day full of memories and incredible entertainment, but I think one of the most memorable moments happened on the way home. It took an hour to walk to our car which was parked at Aunt Carole's house. I had worn my old rubber boots while we were at the concert but for walking, I wore my sneakers. Jim carried my boots for the entire walk. Love carries my dirty rubber boots for an hour.