March 24, 2014

Slice of Life | Day 24


Write what should not be forgotten. - Isabel Allende

Writing is an extreme privilege but it's also a gift. It's a gift to yourself and it's a gift of giving a story to someone. - Amy Tan

Writing is seeing. It is paying attention. - Katie DiCamillo

A writer is working when he's staring out the window. - Burton Rascoe

Anyone who survived childhood has enough material to write for his or her life. - Flannery O'Connor

I write to find out what I didn't know. - Robert Frost

Writing develops courage. - Donald Graves

I could go on and on with favorite quotes about writing...

Since I was young, I've loved quotes. I think it may be from watching and listening to my dad. He was always jotting a favorite verse or quote from a book or sermon on a piece of paper. They were usually tucked in his Bible. He would often share them with us at home or make mention of a special one before singing in church or during a prayer meeting.

Over the years, I've kept my quotes in journals but a few years ago, I started collecting them on a blog. It's called "Little House on the Ridge". I gather quotes that speak to me about teaching, reading, writing, praying, and more.

My collection of quotes can be found at Little House on the Ridge.




11 comments:

  1. I revised an older entry for my slice today. I made it better with more details and added quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you revised and posted an older entry, one I hadn't seen. The right words read at the right moment can stay with the reader for a long time. Quotes have the power to trigger thinking and emotions. Thank you for sharing your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terje! ...How true! They do have that power!

      Delete
  3. I collect quotes, but I have not done a good enough job of keeping them in a safe place. I have my important ones for the moment, but then I replace them. Hmmm. I love your collection from writers about writing. THanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read your quotes too!

      Delete
  4. What a great collection - thanks, Loralee, I'm adding them to my notebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! :0)

      For more writing quotes...

      http://littlehouseontheridgebee.blogspot.ca/search/label/writing

      Delete
  5. I love quotes, but I'm not very good at writing them down to find them later. They are scribbled in various places, or I think I will come back to them later and then forget them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do with my lists! Make them...and then forget to look at them!

      Delete
  6. Love these quotes on writing. They are so true and a great reminder for us all, no matter what level of a writer we think we are. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.