December 3, 2013

Slice of Life | Sick


Eliza was sick with the stomach flu this week. While I didn't like seeing her so sick, I loved that my 13-year-old wanted me with her. She needed her mom.

It brought back memories of how my mom would hold my head when I was sick...

And then I remembered how sick I was when I was pregnant.

I remember Jim coming to check on me when I was first pregnant with Annie.

I said, "Mom use to always hold my head."

Jim, who will usually do anything and everything for me, replied...

"She's a good woman" as he smiled and walked away.




2 comments:

  1. Loralee,
    Hope she's feeling better now. I felt blessed to not be sick very often was I was pregnant...I don't handle vomit very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. She is well and playing hard at a volleyball championship this weekend.

      Smiling...You were blessed to not be sick often!

      Delete

Thank you for being here.