February 25, 2017

Looking Back | First Note


The March Slice of Life Challenge is coming up and I'm hesitating this year. To remember why we do it, I decided to read through some old slices, looking back at my very first one.
....................................................................................................


Camp Taconic
Red Hook, New York
Summer 1992

When I was at grad school, the president of the university challenged students to write an encouraging note to one other person. A slip of paper with enough space for a couple sentences was put in the mailbox of all students. I later received one from a Jim Druart. Someone I didn't know very well, but was going to be working with at Camp Taconic over the coming summer. The rest of the group all knew each other, except for me. He said he was looking forward to getting to know me better and would be praying for me as we finished the school year.  

I, Mrs. Jim Druart, still have that note.

Words matter.


1 comment:

Thank you for being here.