February 28, 2017

Looking Back | Bread


The March Slice of Life Challenge is coming up and I continue to look back at old slices to warm up to the idea of joining in again.
....................................................................................................

Mom makes delicious bread.

After baking bread on Saturday, a lady from church came to mind before she fell asleep. Her husband has a life-changing, fast-moving illness.

The next morning Mom decided to bring a loaf to church with her.

When Mom gave the bread to her, she was so grateful and replied, "I was going to stop for bread on the way home to make sandwiches for our lunch." 

I believe Mom bringing that bread was God's way of saying to this sweet lady, "I see you and I care about every single detail of your life. I love you and I am with you all the time."


3 comments:

  1. Originally posted on April 12, 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do decide to write again! I love the peeks into your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Leigh Anne! I need you to write again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.