September 15, 2015

Slice of Life | Charlotte Street



Looking back at Charlotte Street
1989-1990




Lisa's Side

My Side

Going into my last year at Mount A, Lisa called to ask if I would room with her. She was transferring in for her third year as I had done the year before. Living off campus with Lisa sounded wonderful! Dad and I went looking in Sackville and found a house on Charlotte Street. A gentleman rented all the rooms to university students and he provided housekeeping for the main rooms. There were two doubles and five singles. (He was making some good money!) For my slice this week, I am taking another look into a room where I lived during university. 

From the photos of my Charlotte Street room, I remember...
...playing prokadima
...trying coffee (yuck)
...all nighters writing papers with a typewriter or by hand
...sharing clothes
...cutting Lisa's hair
...heading to basketball practices and games

I could go on, but what I remember most about that room is how Lisa and I became forever friends. Over the year, there were long talks with some tears and a lot of laughter! 

......................................................................................................................




https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.