February 21, 2015

Three Nonfiction Picture Books


and Mandy from Enjoy and Embrace Learning are celebrating
nonfiction picture books! I wasn't able to join in this time,
but thought I would share three favorites that are new to me.



Stay: The True Story of Ten Dogs by Michaela Muntean

It is a story about homeless dogs and a man who believed in them.
I just happened to pick it up at our local secondhand store
and while Jim drove, I read it and cried all the way home.
What a wonderful true story about love and second chances!



Gotta Go! Gotta Go! by Sam Swope

It takes us on the journey of the monarch butterfly in a sweet way.
My class loves this book!



Owls by Gail Gibbons

Since my experience with owls last summer (click here),
I have found them even more fascinating!


Click here to find an incredible collection of nonfiction picture books compiled by teachers.
Thank you, Cathy and Mandy.


2 comments:

  1. Two of your titles are new to me so I'm going to have to check them out. Of course, Gail Gibbons always does amazing work. Adding the new titles to my library cart! Thanks, Loralee, for sharing your favorites.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love them!
      Cathy, thank you for helping teachers and students find more great books!

      Delete

Thank you for being here.