July 8, 2014

Slice of Life | Chocolate Milk



When my mom went to work full-time, I started going to my grandparents' farm after school every day. I was a very fussy eater and my after school snack was always the same...toasted homemade bread and chocolate milk. It was usually Grammie who made it for me, but sometimes she was out and Grampie would be in from the barn and make the snack for me. One afternoon the milk tasted funny, and I wondered if it had come "straight from the cows" and not from a container.  I don't remember Grampie saying anything, but he mixed it with more Quik!

When I was in college, I found out what really happened that day! Grampie and Grammie were concerned I wasn't getting enough nutrition back then and they use to sneak an egg in my chocolate milk! Grampie had forgotten to mix it well with Quik and was almost caught! I had no idea all those years!

Recently I was looking through my albums and found this photo. It was taken a few years later, but it captures the day he was almost caught!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.