Over the Christmas break, Leigh Anne at A Day in the Life sent sunshine to me. What a surprise! Thank you for thinking of me, Leigh Anne.
11 Random Facts about Me
- I grew up in Lutes Mountain, New Brunswick.
- When my mom went to work full-time, I went to my grandparents farm after school every day. Precious memories.
- Jim and I were married on New Year's Eve in 1993.
- We have three children and I love waking up to them every morning!
- I sing and I am a worship leader at church. My dad was a minister of music...We grew up singing as a family, and learned to play the piano.
- I could stay home for days...maybe weeks...
- I think I would have preferred to be just Laura.
- I am more of a reader than a writer.
- I love looking at photographs.
- I love to send (and receive) handwritten notes.
- I pray this for my children when they leave for school...May Annie, Eliza and Ethan be strong and courageous. Never terrified or discouraged for You are with them wherever they go. (Joshua 1:9)
11 Questions from Leigh Anne
- What is the best gift you have given? Last summer, my daughter was dog sitting for my friend. While they were gone, I did all their laundry. Loved leaving piles of folded clean clothes for them to see as they walked into the laundry room.
- What is the one thing you would change about yourself? Too hard to say out loud.
- Which teacher had the biggest influence on your life? Carter Assels. He was never my teacher, but impacted my life as a young teen and as a teacher with his encouraging words and care.
- What do you see yourself doing ten years from now? Teaching.
- What is your most favorite teaching moment? It's hard to choose one. My most favorite moments are when we are laughing together...over a book, over something silly I mixed up (again) and more...
- Hot drink or cold drink? Cold. I can never have enough ice!
- What are you passionate about? My Savior. My family.
- What are you reading currently? Rereading Math Exchanges by Kassia Ommohundro Wedekind
- Which season do you like best? Fall...the colors...the sweater weather...
- Did you have a favorite outfit as a kid and what did it look like? Maybe the overalls. My best friend had the same pair in a different color.
- How/why did you start blogging? Michelle Nero encouraged me to start a blog and join a community of writers. One of my teaching goals was to write even more and I thought this was another way I could.
11 Blogs that Inspire Me
- Two Writing Teachers http://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/
- Creating Readers and Writers - Andrea Knight http://creatingreadersandwriters.blogspot.ca/
- Discover.Play.Build. - Ruth Ayres http://www.ruthayreswrites.com/
- Creative Literacy - Katie DiCesare http://creativeliteracy.blogspot.ca/
- Read, Write, Reflect. - Katherine Sokolowski http://readwriteandreflect.blogspot.ca/
- Literacy Learning Zone - Michelle Nero http://literacyzone.blogspot.ca/
- Raising a Literate Human - Stacey Shubitz http://raisealithuman.wordpress.com/
- Reflect & Refine: Building a Learning Community - Cathy Mere http://reflectandrefine.blogspot.ca/
- Merely Day by Day - Cathy Mere http://merelydaybyday.blogspot.ca/
- A Day in the Life - Leigh Anne Eck http://adayinthelifeof19b.blogspot.ca/
- A Teaching Life - Tara Smith http://ateachinglifedotcom.wordpress.com/
11 Questions from Me
- Where did you grow up?
- Is there a song or verse encouraging you today?
- What is your favorite room in the house?
- What is the best gift you have given?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you collect anything? What?
- Who would you like to meet and what is one thing you would ask them?
- Do you play an instrument?
- Where would you love to be right now?
- What is the best thing that happened to you this week?
- What was your favorite book of 2013?